Lyra - Cypress® FX3™ FPGA ISP RDK with Sony Sensor
Lyra (See3CAM_FX3_FPGA_ISP_RDK) is a USB3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/Sec.) UVC (USB Video Class) Reference Design Kit developed using Cypress® Semiconductors' EZ-USB® FX3™ and Lattice ECP5 FPGA and a powerful Image Signal Processor (ISP) from Helion Vision implemented in FPGA. Lyra has 2MP color fixed focus camera module based on SONY IMX236 image sensor. The Cypress EZ-USB® FX3 is a USB3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/Sec.) peripheral controller that enables developers to add USB3.1 Gen1 (5Gb/Sec.) connectivity with any image sensor compliant with parallel or LVDS interface.
e-con has already developed three Reference Design Kits called Denebola, Ascella and Tania for Cypress USB 3 controllers. Lyra is the fourth Reference Design Kit. Lyra kit leverages the ISP IP runs on Lattice ECP5 FPGA to bring out the best picture quality from the image sensors and it also supports High-speed, Auto Exposure and Auto White balance.
- Two-board solution containing a base board based on FX3, an Image Signal Processor board and a camera daughter board based on SONY IMX236.
- Helion® ISP, a powerful Image Signal Processor, implemented in FPGA, processes High Speed signals with special circuits for 12 Bit per pixel, Defect pixel Correction, 5x5 HQ De-Bayer, Color Saturation Matrix, Gamma, lens shading correction, config Interface for Auto Exposure, Auto White balance.
- Sony IMX236 Image sensor interfaced through USB interface, thus making it suitable for High speed video applications - Full HD at 60 fps in YUV format.
- Plug and Play device
- Standard USB2.0 Micro-B connector for debugging through UART and JTAG Interface
- SPI Flash for firmware storage
- Backward compatible : Supports USB2.0
- Still Image Capture : 2.0 MP
- Still Resolutions : 1080P in USB 3.0 & 720P in USB 2.0
- Frame Rate : Streams HD @ 60 fps & Full HD @ 60 fps ( User manual for other frame rate details.)
- Supported OS - Windows 10 and Windows 8.1
- The Lyra camera application supports the following features,
- White Balance (both manual and automatic)
- Exposure (both manual and automatic)
Please contact email@example.com for any customization requirements.
- Lyra - Cypress® FX3™ FPGA Helion® ISP 2.3MP reference design kit with Enclosure
- USB3.0 Type-A to Type-C cable
- USB2 Micro-B cable for debugging
- Quick Start Guide