DENEBOLA (See3CAM_CX3RDK) - Cypress® CX3™ Reference Design
Cypress Reference Design Kit, Denebola (See3CAM_CX3RDK) is an USB 3.0 - USB video class (UVC) camera RDK for Cypress® Semiconductor's EZ-USB® CX3™ USB 3.0 peripheral controller. The Cypress EZ-USB® CX3™ is a USB 3.0 peripheral controller that enables developers to add USB 3.0 connectivity to any image sensor compliant with the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Camera Serial Interface Type 2 (CSI-2) standard.
The Denebola RDK developed using EZ-USB® CX3 is a complete RDK and has the OmniVision® OV5640 CMOS image sensor interfaced to it through a two-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface. This is a fully functional camera RDK that can stream uncompressed 720p60, 1080p30, and 5 MP at 15 fps. Denebola RDK is a two-board solution containing a base board designed around the Cypress CX3 USB 3.0 peripheral controller and the camera daughter board designed using the OmniVision® OV5640 CMOS image-sensor-based autofocus camera module. e-con Systems™, a Silver level partner of Cypress Partner program, has developed this reference design kit for EZ-USB® CX3 from Cypress Semiconductors.
The Denebola RDK support various CMOS image sensors and e-con provides add-on camera daughter boards that can be plugged on to the RDK. For a complete list of supported CMOS sensors, please view accessories tab.
We purchased Denebola, See3CAM_CX3RDK. We are extremely impressed with Denebola because we were able to modify the firmware to access the camera module resisters, Read More..
- Yuki Ikku, Advanced Photonics Inc.
- Two board solution containing baseboard based on CX3 and camera daughter board based on e-CAM52A_MI5640_MOD
- Two-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface between the CX3 and OV5640 camera image sensor
- Optional daughter boards supporting various CMOS image sensors planned
- RS232 level UART port for debugging and other communication
- SPI Flash and I2C EEPROM for firmware storage. Default firmware is already loaded in the kit
- JTAG interface for debugging the firmware
- User Configurable GPIOs from the GPIO header
- OmniVision OV5640 daughter board interfaced through 2-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface
- USB bus powered. Support for external 5V supply through a switch
- Maximum frame rates for Preview and Capture
YUV422 VGA 60 fps HD (720p) 60 fps Full HD (1080p) 30 fps 5MP (2592x1944) 15 fps
- Still Image Capture
- 5MP (2592x1944) resolution
- YUV422 (16 bits per pixel) format
- Preview format: YUV422 (16 bits per pixel)
- Launched on:
The Denebola RDK is a two-board solution containing a base board designed around the Cypress CX3 USB 3.0 Peripheral controller and a Camera daughter board designed using the OmniVision OV5640 CMOS image sensor based autofocus camera module. e-con also supports various camera sensor daughter boards that can be used to evaluate the CX3 performance with various CMOS Image sensors. For a complete list of supported CMOS sensors, please view accessories tab.
Based on the proven EZ-USB FX3 Platform, CX3 comes with an ARM9 CPU and 512KB SRAM that provides 200 MIPS of computational power. The CX3 supports MIPI CSI-2 version 1.01, up to 4 data lanes with data speed up to 1Gbps per lane, for a total bandwidth of 4 Gbps. CX3 is ideally suited for high-definition or high-speed image-capturing applications. CX3 supports multiple peripheral interfaces such as I2C, SPI, and UART, which can be programmed to support Pan, Tilt and Zoom or other camera control functions.
- Supported OS - Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Linux
- Download e-CAMView - DirectShow Video Viewer application for Denebola
- UVC Camera Controls:
- White balance control (Auto/Manual)
- Exposure Control (Auto/Manual)
- Focus (Auto/Manual)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any customization requirements.
- Denebola CX3 RDK (with e-CAM59CX3 camera board)
- USB 3.0 Type-A to Micro B cable
- Quick Start Guide
- CX3 Datasheet and SDK:
Add on Boards:
ACC-CX3RDK-CU9P031 is an Add on board to Denebola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM50_CU9P031_MOD, a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on MT9P031 (Monochrome) image sensorDocuments
ACC-CX3RDK-5680 is an Add on board to Denebola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM58_MI5680_MOD, a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on OV5680 (RAW Bayer) image sensor.Documents
ACC-CX3RDK-CU5640 is an Add on board to Denebola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM51_CU5640_MOD, a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on OV5640 (Color) image sensor.Documents
Default Camera Board:
e-CAM59CX3 is a default camera board to Denebola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM52A_MI5640_MOD , a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on OV5640 image sensor.
Supported Camera Modules:
The e-CAM50_CU9P031_MOD is a 5.0 MP custom lens Camera module (Monochrome) based on the Aptina / ON Semiconductor MT9P031 CMOS image sensor with S-mount lens holder attached to it.Documents
The Denebola (See3CAM_CX3RDK) can be used for EZ-USB® CX3™ based product design and this can also be used by our customers to evaluate the EZ-USB® CX3. e-con Systems™ also provides customization for our customers interested in USB 3.0 cameras.
For More Information Please Contact email@example.com