Hyperyon - 2MP SONY STARVIS IMX290 Ultra Low-light USB camera
Hyperyon is a 2MP Ultra Low-light USB Color Camera with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support and H.264/MJPEG compression. This USB UVC compliant camera is based on 1/2.8" SONY IMX290 CMOS Sensor, one of the most popular Sony's STARVIS® sensor. Hyperyon has been fine-tuned for achieving excellent image quality under various lighting conditions including near darkness (0 Lux) and NIR region from IMX290 sensor with combination of Socionext ISP.
The advanced features of Socionext ISP like 3DNR (Three-Dimensional Noise Reduction and the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) makes Hyperyon an exceptional and best-in-class in the low light camera category.
- Houses 2.13 MP SONY STARVIS® IMX290 color Camera Sensor
- Fixed Focus with M12 lens holder
- Electronic Rolling Shutter
- Integrated Socionext ISP
- Output format: Uncompressed UYVY format, compressed MJPEG format and H.264
- Frame Rate :
Resolutions USB 2.0 UYVY H.264 MJPEG 640 x 360 54 fps 60 fps and 30 fps 60 fps and 30 fps * HD (1280 x 720) 14 fps 60 fps and 30 fps 60 fps and 30 fps FHD (1920 x 1080) 6 fps 60 fps and 30 fps 60 fps and 30 fps*
- Supported OS : Windows 8.1/10 and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 & 16.04)
- Operating Voltage : 5V +/- 5%, Current : 585 mA
- Operating Temperature Range ** : -30°C to 70°C (ambient temperature)
- Power Requirements: Max : 2.925W, Min : 2.23W
- Mechanical :
- Module Board : 40 mm x 25 mm (Without lens)
- Base Board : 25 mm x 65 mm
- Coaxial Cable length : 10 cm
- Board Weight - 37.5 Grams (with lens)
- RoHS compliant
- Lightweight, versatile, and portable two-board solution
- Plug-and-Play setup (UVC compliant) for Windows and Linux
- Launched on: 20 February 2019
- * - For MjPEG the resolution supported is 640 x 352 instead of 640 x 360 and ,1920 x 1072 instead of FHD (1920 x 1080)
- ** - The default lens (optional) supplied with this camera has operating temperature range of -20C to +60C. Customers can choose wider operating temperature lens as per their requirements.
Sensor:IMX290 from Sony STARVIS®
Optical Format:1/2.8" Optical format CMOS Image sensor
Pixel size:2.9μm x 2.9μm pixel
Sensor Active Area:1945H x 1097V
Shutter type:Electronic Rolling Shutter
Focus Type:Fixed focus
DFOV:132°(with the lens provided by e-con)
- Supported OS - Windows 8.1/10 and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 & 16.04)
- Sample Application:
- e-CAMView - Windows Camera application for Video recording, Video Preview and Still Capture.
- QtCAM - Linux Camera application for Video recording, Video Preview and Still Capture.
- Still Image Resolutions:
- 640 x 360, HD & FHD (JPEG & BMP)
- Still Capture:
- Software application control
- UVC Controls:
- Digital Zoom(Upto 16x)
- Saturation control
- White Balance (Manual and Auto)
- Exposure (Manual and Auto)
- Additional Capabilities:
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Night Mode
- H.264 Bitrate
- H.264 Quality
- MJPG Q-Factor
Customers who own platforms that support USB 2.0 and are interested in evaluating the 2.13 MP USB camera module can directly buy the Hyperyon from e-con Systems. Customer can order Hyperyon with lens.
|Part No||Description||Sample Price
|e-CAM22_USB_CHL||2.13 MP USB 2.0 Camera with S-Mount Holder Mini-B connector and with lens||US$249|
In addition to Hyperyon, the evaluation kit comes with e-CAMView (Windows) / QtCAM (Linux) - Sample application for Video recording, Video Preview and Still Capture along with the UVC Extension features (for Windows 8.1/10 and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 & 16.04)). For more details, please refer the evaluation kit contents below.
For all enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hyperyon - 2.13 MP Lowlight USB Camera with M12 Lens (S-Mount) Holder
- Y Cable USB A to Mini-B
- Supported OS: Windows 8.1/10, Linux (Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04 & 16.04)
- e-CAMView (Windows) / QtCAM (Linux) - Video Preview, Video recording and Still Capture Application
Hyperyon - Customization
- Do you need H.265 encoded video?
- Do you need a Custom lens mount (C-mount/CS-Mount)?
- Do you want a smaller form factor or single board solution?
- Do you need LED flash?
- Complete customization of firmware and hardware as per customer requirements. Please contact us for any customization and additional features.