QtCAM - Linux Camera Software
QtCAM is e-con's open source Linux webcam software. This Qt Ubuntu camera software application provides easier user interface for capturing and viewing video from devices supported by Linux UVC driver. It would also work with any V4L2 compatible device.
QtCAM application controls are built on Qt Quick interface. Users could connect up to 6 cameras and stream videos simultaneously. The initial release of this Open Source Webcam Software supported all of e-con’s USB cameras and the updated version (v4.0.1) of it supports third party cameras as well. For list of supported cameras click here.
e-con Systems™ with its strong expertise in embedded domain for over a decade now, has helped customers bring Qt based products to the market.
- Image Quality Settings – Users can adjust brightness, contrast and camera supported UVC controls.
- Still Capture Settings – Users can select image type (JPG, PNG, RAW, BMP) and the location to save the image.
- Video Capture Settings – Users can change the preview based on the selected format and resolution. Allow users to view number of frames played and get FPS information.
- Supported Image types: JPG, PNG, RAW, BMP.
- Supported encoder formats: YUV, MJPEG, H264, VP8.
- Supported containers: mkv, avi.
- Extension settings available for selected e-con cameras.
- The key differentiators of this Linux camera application are - it has 10+ image control settings, frame rate (FPS) display, colour space switching and extension settings for select cameras.
Qt Camera Features
To download complete source code:
For any dependencies please refer here.