Recently, I met a prospect who asked me on what is meant by production ready Wince BSP for a reference design and why is there so much differences in the way the BSP is sold today. I answered him and I also thought of sharing with you our thoughts on what is meant by a production ready Windows CE BSP. A production ready BSP should have
- Good field upgrade or debugging options
- Diagnostics for all on board peripherals .
- The BSP should have passed CETK tests.
- Should support kernel debugging options via Serial port, Ethernet and USB slave. This can be used to later on add any peripherals and hence debugging should be simpler.
- Power management features in the BSP. Should support some sample user profiles.