e-CAMNT_MX53x - NTSC / PAL Video Decoder Board for i.MX53 Processors
This NTSC / PAL Video Decoder board interfaces with the Freescale® i.MX53 QSB Board through 120-pin Board-to-Board connector interface. For more details, please see Hardware user manual.
The NTSC/PAL Video Decoder board helps customers who provide solutions for Surveillance, Endoscopy, Low Light Camera applications and other customers who use CCD cameras that support analog interface.
e-CAMNT_MX53x centered on the TVP5147M1 Video Decoder chip from Texas Instruments, can digitize NTSC and PAL video signals. It contains all required support circuitry, including well-filtered (Anti-alias filter) and stable power supplies, properly terminated 75-ohm inputs.
- Interfaces with the i.MX53 Camera sensor interface (CSI)
- Interfaces with the Freescale i.MX53x QSB Board through 120 pin Board-to-Board Connector
- Supports NTSC and PAL Video input formats
- Composite (CVBS) and S-Video inputs
- V4L2 Linux Driver
- Viewfinder option with video preview
- ITU-R BT.656 4:2:2 YCbCr output plus HS, VS and Field signals
- HSYNC / VSYNC outputs with programmable polarity
- I2C Host Port interface from iMX53 for TVP5147M1 Control / Register configuration
- Board size of 61.5mm x 54.76mm
- RoHS Compliant
- V4L2 Support
- Complete Source code of device driver
- Hardware Deinterlacer available
- Sample view finder application supports video streaming with different resolutions.
i.MX53x Hardware deinterlacer in Linux
The i.MX53x processor supports hardware deinterlacer for incoming interleaved Video. The Interleaved Video looks odd, when a fast moving picture is captured and on a closer look shows video tear. The reason for this is the time gap between the even and the odd frames of the interlaced Video. The odd and even frames are split up and rendered at 16.5 milliseconds time gap and if there is any object movement during the time gap, a video tear results. The i.MX53 processor has a hardware deinterlacer, which makes sure that this tear is not visible for the naked eye and displays the smooth deinterlaced video. e-con Systems supports this hardware deinterlacer feature in Linux.
e-CAMNT_MX53x is particularly suited to the following applications:
- Low Light Camera applications
- Interfacing CCD Camera
- e-CAMNT_MX53x - NTSC / PAL Video Decoder board
- V4L2 - Linux Camera driver
- Sample View finder Application with Source Code
- Customization of driver and application on request
The e-CAMNT_MX53x evaluation kit can be bought by customers choosing to evaluate the e-CAMNT_MX53x camera solution with Freescale i.MX53 QSB. Customers would need to have the Freescale® i.MX53 QSB Processor board for interfacing the e-CAMNT_MX53x camera board. Please see the kit contents on previous tab.
Customers who want i.MX53x camera but would prefer to go with a different camera module can contact e-con Systems for customization services. e-con systems builds custom camera boards with device driver support for windows CE, Linux and Android for its customers. For faster integration with i.MX53x, Customers can look at the various camera modules available from e-con Systems at www.e-consystems.com/cameramodule.asp. Nevertheless, e-con Systems is open for integrating third party camera modules also.
For all enquiries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.