DENEBOLA (See3CAM_CX3RDK) - CX3 Reference Design
The Denebola RDK developed using EZ-USB® CX3 is a complete RDK and has the OmniVision® OV5640 CMOS image sensor interfaced to it through a two-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface. This is a fully functional camera RDK that can stream uncompressed 720p60, 1080p30, and 5 MP at 15 fps. Denebola RDK is a two-board solution containing a base board designed around the Cypress CX3 USB3.0 peripheral controller and the camera daughter board designed using the OmniVision® OV5640 CMOS image-sensor-based autofocus camera module. e-con Systems, a Silver level partner of Cypress Partner program, has developed this reference design kit for EZ-USB® CX3 from Cypress Semiconductors.
The Denebola RDK support various CMOS image sensors and e-con provides add-on camera daughter boards that can be plugged on to the RDK. For a complete list of supported CMOS sensors, please view accessories tab.
- Two board solution containing baseboard based on CX3 and camera daughter board based on e-CAM52_MI5640_MOD
- Two-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface between the CX3 and OV5640 camera image sensor
- Optional daughter boards supporting various CMOS image sensors planned
- RS232 level UART port for debugging and other communication
- SPI Flash and I2C EEPROM for firmware storage. Default firmware is already loaded in the kit
- JTAG interface for debugging the firmware
- User Configurable GPIOs from the GPIO header
- OmniVision OV5640 daughter board interfaced through 2-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface
- USB bus powered. Support for external 5V supply through a switch
- Maximum frame rates for Preview and Capture
- VGA – 60 fps
- HD (720p) – 60 fps
- Full HD (1080p) – 30 fps
- 5MP (2592x1944) – 15 fps
- Still Image Capture
- 5MP (2592x1944) resolution
- YUV422 (16its per pixel) format
- Preview format: YUV422 (16bits per pixel)
The Denebola RDK is a two-board solution containing a base board designed around the Cypress CX3 USB3.0 Peripheral controller and a Camera daughter board designed using the OmniVision OV5640 CMOS image sensor based autofocus camera module. e-con also supports various camera sensor daughter boards that can be used to evaluate the CX3 performance with various CMOS Image sensors. For a complete list of supported CMOS sensors, please view accessories tab.
Based on the proven EZ-USB FX3 Platform, CX3 comes with an ARM9 CPU and 512KB SRAM that provides 200 MIPS of computational power. The CX3 supports MIPI CSI-2 version 1.01, up to 4 data lanes with data speed up to 1Gbps per lane, for a total bandwidth of 4 Gbps. CX3 is ideally suited for high-definition or high-speed image-capturing applications. CX3 supports multiple peripheral interfaces such as I2C, SPI, and UART, which can be programmed to support Pan, Tilt and Zoom or other camera control functions.
- Supported OS - Windows XP-SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux
- e-CAMView - Sample DirectShow Application software
- UVC Camera Controls:
- White balance control (Auto/Manual)
- Exposure Control (Auto/Manual)
- Focus (Auto/Manual)
- Denebola CX3 RDK (with e-CAM59CX3 camera board)
- USB 3.0 Type-A to Micro B cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Documentation and Firmware:
- CX3 Datasheet and SDK:
Default Camera Board:
|5.0 MP MIPI
Camera Board (e-CAM59CX3)
e-CAM59CX3 is a default camera board to Denelola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM52_MI5640_MOD, a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on OV5640 image sensor.
Add on Boards:
|5.0 MP OV5680 Camera Board (ACC-CX3RDK-5680)
ACC-CX3RDK-5680 is an Add on board to Denelola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM58_MI5680_MOD, a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on OV5680 image sensor
|5.0 MP Custom Lens Camera Board (ACC-CX3RDK-CU5640)
ACC-CX3RDK-CU5640 is an Add on board to Denelola – CX3 RDK to evaluate e-CAM51_CU5640_MOD, a 5 Mega pixel camera module based on OV5640 image sensor
The Denebola (See3CAM_CX3RDK) can be used for EZ-USB® CX3™ based product design and this can also be used by our customers to evaluate the EZ-USB® CX3. e-con Systems also provides customization services for our customers interested in USB3.0 camera solutions.
For More Information Please Contact email@example.com