How to Record a video from e-CAM51_USB on Windows
As our USB cameras are UVC compatible, we can just plug in to any Windows XP, Windows 7 running PC and start using the camera with the simple GraphEdit tool.
In this blog I am going to walk through the steps required to record a video from the USB camera using a GraphEdit.
- Download the GraphEdit tool(http://www.videohelp.com/download/graphedit10-090724.zip )
- Open the Filters dialog using “Graph MenuàInsert Filters”. In the dialog Select our e-con 5MP Camera from the “Video Capture Source filters”. Click on “Insert Filter” button.
- Add the TEE filter in order to render the preview as well as record the same to a file by choosing “DirectShow FiltersàSmart Teeà Insert Filters”.
- Now render the Preview pin by right clicking and selecting the “Render Pin”.
- Now the filters which are required for the Preview is automatically added as below.
- For the Capture pin insert two more filters from the DirectShow Filters list.
- Avi Mux Filter
- File Writer– While adding this filter specify the file name of the video to be stored on disk.
- After adding the above filters to the filter graph, connect the pins as shown below in the picture.
- Now start the graph by “Graph Menu à Play”. It will record to the “testvideo.avi” file which is stored on the disk. Also it will show the preview of the same on the ActiveWindow.
- Once we stop the graph by “Graph MenuàStop”, we will be able to playback the recorded file ”testvideo.avi” using VLC player.
- If we want to record at desired resolution (say for ex: 5MP MJPEG), we can switch the resolution before starting the graph. By right clicking on the “capture pin” of the e-con 5MP Camera, select the resolution as 2592×1944 and format as MJPEG. Click Ok and close the dialog.
For more information visit e-CAM51 USB Board Camera product page.